Sunday, January 28, 2018

Almost a month in!

one chapter read
one lesson down
another subject added
one full day put together
a whole week completed

Now we are almost a month down, and I can say that it is not all sunshine and roses, but I can also say that this is a fun chapter in our lives!

This last week JJ was on nights.  This is not usually my favorite, however since the kids were home, they still got to see Daddy.  When they went to school, he would be awake when they were away and sleeping when they got home.  But then N started not feeling well and that was a downside of homeschooling.  N needed me. C needed me. M needed me. And of course L was still there with his own needs. That constant "triaging" wore me out! 

I am a little concerned that the kids' behavior, especially C and L, might be going downhill a bit. They are pretty comfortable and um, maybe a little spoiled. I feel like we might offer them too many choices and end up catering to their wants, which little consequences. It is not in my nature, but I think I need to crack down on respect and responsibility. I want my kids to look fondly on their childhoods -- and I love to have fun with them -- but I also do NOT want them spoiled or unready for subsequent responsibilities. To be honest, I don't know that I can only blame homeschooling for this, but a little social peer pressure to obey is not always the worst thing! Along the lines of comfort, I think C's handwriting was neater at school, but I think his reading is taking off (which probably would've happened at school - he is just developmentally "there" right now! And WOW is that fun to be a part of!). 

So thankful tomorrow is a new day and a chance to teach my kids academics as well as life lessons :)

Next up:

I am super pumped to start adding bits of Olympic fun to our homeschool day!

No comments: