Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mom Trip

This last weekend I went on a getaway to celebrate my sweet SIL's 40th birthday.  It was just moms (her sister, sisters-in-law on her side, and me) and we went to Universal Studios AKA Harry Potter World!  Leading up to the trip I was so anxious.  JJ was supposed to have the week off and ended up getting scheduled.  My Mom and Dad came and their patient reassurance should've been enough to calm my nerves.  One of the biggest wrenches in the plan for me was N baby.  He does not like a bottle or whole milk.  Also he goes back and forth with sleeping through the night.  How unfair is that --- leave him in the capable hands of my parents, who can't give him the one thing he thinks he needs.  UGH!!!  Plus the other irrational thought running through my brain is all this violence, all these tragedies.  What if??  WHAT IF.

But seriously friends, we can't live our lives like that!!  Thank you, Matthew 6:34 -- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow... All that worry was pointless.  There was nothing gained and if I had let it get to me, it could've made me miss out on all the fun waiting for me.

So anyways, I went on a weekend away.  And IT WAS SO FUN!!  The company was amazing, the park was a blast (even if I was the only one who REALLY LOVES ALL THE RIDES), and the food was on point (Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, anyone??!!!).  I missed my babies, but not in an overwhelming sad kind of way.  In the end, I truly feel like we needed some time away from each other to freshly appreciate one another.  Even if L told me I needed to GET OUT OF THE VAN AND GO BACK TO THE AIRPORT when I first saw him!

Moms-- do something just for you!!  (It doesn't even have to cost money or be a big trip [but bonus if it is!!]!)   You deserve it and if you're like me, you might just need it!

No comments: