Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinterest Adventures

I've seen a lot of people posting about pinterest, so I'll throw one out there too!  I heart Pinterest.  I also love that I can hang out with the kids and browse at my leisure.  hehe  At first I just was overwhelmed with amazing ideas.  Now I've started to actually use some of my pins.  I hope that is a trend that continues.  The first thing I used that I pinned was cutting up letters from cereal boxes and other containers that would be thrown away anyways.  I have an old wipe case on a kitchen counter and just throw 'em in there whenever I have new letters.  I hope M (and C down the road) enjoys recognizing, sorting, rearranging, making words ?! at some point,  but I figure that I'll be ready for that day!

Then I made 7-layer dip - one of my favorites.  The recipe I pinned is basically the same one my family uses, so it was pretty much just pinned to remember to make it every once in a while.

The THIRD thing I made is the reason for this post.  JJ had a midterm Monday.  Add that to studying for the boards, and basically we haven't seen daddy in a while.  In a conversation about feelings Sunday, M made the comment, "Sometimes I'm sad when I can't see my Daddy."  I decided we would go on an adventure and bring Daddy and his study buddies dessert!  So. much. fun.  But what dessert??  I had made cookies recently and wasn't feeling it. SO!  I turned to my faithful pinterest and found a Better than *you know what* cake.  Mmmmm.  Since it was my first time making it, PLUS I had two kids keeping my busy while I was supposed to be making it, PLUS I had a very tight schedule to make it (bring it to Daddy AND get home at a decent time), I decided it may not be better than s-e-x, but it was AT LEAST better than studying!  My Better than Studying cake turned out to be a major success and it was way fun to visit Daddy.  M loves some of JJ's buddies and she was delighted that one of them humored her and took her up and around the building, on the elevator, etc. numerous times!

A few other funnies:
M was sitting on the couch watching a movie, when all of a sudden, I heard *a noise*. 
Me: Honey!  Do you need to use the restroom?
M: No Mommy!  That came out of my mouth!

M: Oh, I'm just teasing, like my Grandpa.

No comments: